Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Impatience


You know that movie, "Must Love Dogs?"  Well if I ever have an eHarmony account you know what it's going to say?  Must hate dogs.  Because I hate them.  They're smelly and needy and noisy.  Also let's hope that I never have to resort to an eHarmony account, because I think that can honestly be considered rock bottom.

Abe Lincoln waited 28 years for something good to actually happen in his life.  

The Colonies waited 170 years for liberty

The slaves waited centuries for freedom

Paul was stuck in prison for like 7 years and he didn't even do anything wrong

Vladmir and Estragon waited for Godot for who knows how long

So why can't I wait for anything!  I realize things take time but sometimes I just wish I could have it all right now.  Its not that I don't trust God to provide.  I do, I know he has a plan for me.  But I just want to know what it is right now

Easier said than done, but I just gotta let go and stop trying to make what I want to happen work rather than letting God take control of what is meant to happen.


However, through this proccess I'm starting to realize:
a.  what a jerk I have been to multiple people in the past
b.  why I was always the one to break things off.  whether it be in a relationship, friendship, even with my parents. 
I can't stand it when people get too close and just maybe, they have the power to betray me or break my heart or make me face the truth when I don't want to.
c.  It doesn't really matter what I do at school activity-wise.  I mean honestly, what makes me happy?  Does joining some club that looks good on a resume really benefit me if I don't even like being there?  Shouldn't I be spending time doing something I truly enjoy or that will benefit others?  In high school I jumped into everything I could because...well I don't know why.  I thought more activities meant greater happiness.

Also just for the record I hate chick flicks. And Sex and the City.  They're cheesy and invoke false hope.  
Okay that's a lie.   I love them and am a typical girl.  I don't really love dogs, but I don't hate them either.  I just want something to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment