Friday, July 24, 2009

Why I'm the Bomb.

I typed a post for today and for some reason it didn't show up.  FML
More Ads


This is what shows up when i get on facebook.  Double FML.
So tonight while I was babysitting we were playing frisbee.  An innocent game of a flying plastic disc.  Nothing too wild and crazy.  BUT, I throw the disc too far and suddenly my lack of frisbee skill turns into me "not being fair" and "letting the older sibling win."  The little girl runs into the house crying. The little boy goes to run after her and consequently spills a root beer all over the garage floor, beckoning to ants and critters and the like.
Panicked, I say, "Jackson, go inside and tell your sister that she should have won and it was my fault while I clean up this mess."  Ten minutes later the little girl skips into the garage smiling.  I'm like, oh thank God, this is all fixed.  Then she looks up at me and goes, "Jackson says he wishes you would leave and never wants you to babysit us again."  
Excellent.  I am just flying high.  Luckily, he came down in a little bit and was no longer mad at me.  After humiliating myself by doing the robot in the middle of the neighborhood for them and their friends' mocking pleasure, and buttering them up with gifts of popcorn and apple juice I was raised back into good graces.  Ay yi yi, the things I do for money.  And the approval of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment